10.28.2009

Botany of Desire meets TV | Bread & Butter

I love Michael Pollan. Is that really a surprise?

What self-aware food blogger doesn't? He's only most of the reason I became enamored with food in the first place.

His writing about the interconnected, intricate relationship between humans and the vegetation they cultivate and it's ability to sustain, grow the prosperity of and topple cultures throughout human history fascinated me when Botany of Desire hit the shelves in 2002.

Now the book has cultivated a new relationship. Vegetation, meet television. Television? This is vegetation.

The Botany of Desire's two-hour long, made-for-television adaption debuts tonight (short notice I know) at 8 pm on PBS and promises to bring Pollan's brilliant insight to those who have yet to embrace the dead-tree version. And for those of us that already have, makes it easy for us to revisit "A Plant's-Eye View," this time visually.



Check your local listings for the channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment